Recent Stories
Marine Corps Reimburses Spouse Licensure Costs Related to PCS Moves

The 2018 National Defense Authorization Act allows each service to reimburse spouses up to $1,000 for licensure and certification costs resulting from moves that cross U.S. state lines — to include OCONUS to stateside moves.

Who’s eligible? Military spouses of Marines of any rank who moved across state lines due to a permanent change of station (PCS) move under accompanied orders who wish to pursue the same licensure or certification at their new location are eligible.

What can get reimbursed? The Marine Corps defines qualified relicensing/recertification costs as any required exam costs or registration fees set by the new state, so spouses can continue working in their current profession. Spouses can receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement per move.

What documents are needed? 

  • Copy of PCS orders
  • Copy of spouse’s previous certification/license
  • Copy of spouse’s new recertification/relicensing documents
  • Receipt showing recertification/relicensing fees

What is the reimbursement process? Apply for reimbursement after your spouse gets the new license or certification. Bring the documentation to your local on-base Personnel Administration Office or Center, which will start the process for you.

Where can I learn more about the Marine Corps’ reimbursement policy? Additional details of the reimbursement policy can be found in MARADMIN 091/20 and by contacting your local Family Member Employment Assistance Program. For guidance on state laws regarding professional licensing, visit

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Outdated Browser