The Semper Fit Human Performance Department (formerly Health Promotion) at MCRD provides the frame work for warrior athletes and their families to maintain mission readiness and optimize health through key wellness components.
Seven Semper Fit Elements:
- Performance Nutrition
- Chronic Diseases
- Tobacco Cessation
- Injury Prevention
- Cognitive Performance
- Sexual Health and Responsibility
Tobacco cessation counseling is one of the most effective tools to help you quit tobacco. When you’re ready, we’re here to help. Contact MCRD’s Semper Fit Human Performance Manager to quit tobacco for good.
Tobacco cessation counseling services are available through Semper Fit Human Performance at MCRD Fitness Center. Call 619-524-4428 for an appointment.
Operation Tobacco Free Marine
These classes provide the tools for quitting and remain smoke-free. Available to Active Duty personnel, family members, retirees & MCCS employees. For more information, contact Semper Fit Human Performance (available by phone or virtual meeting).
TRICARE Beneficiaries (who are not Medicare eligible) can call the TRICARE Smoking Quitline – see their website for more information
- Quit Tobacco – ucanquit2.org
- California Smoker’s Helpline – (800) NO-BUTTS
- California Chew Helpline – (800) 844-CHEW
- Stay Quit Coach: This mobile app was designed to help you quit smoking. Use it to develop a customized plan, taking into account your personal reasons for quitting. It will provide information, motivational messages, interactive tools for dealing with urges, and support to help you stay smoke-free
Marine Corps Policies
MCCS Human Performance offers one-on-one nutrition counseling with a degree nutritionist and performance nutrition briefs. Contact the HP office for one-on-one appointments and group classes or briefs for BMP or BCP. Our mission is to provide evidence based nutrition guidance to help you reach your personal nutrition goals. Contact the Health Promotions Manager.